Happy 40th Birthday to the one and only Caitriona Balfe! Obviously we don’t need any reminders of how awesome she is both on screen and off, but in any case here are twenty reasons why we love her.
20. She brings Claire to life.
She’s our Sassenach, for evermore.
19. She inspires us with her philanthropy .
From awareness for childhood cancers with World Child Cancer to donating to Global Goal 3, she puts her heart and money in the right places.
18. She continues the fight to save our planet.
From urging us to use less plastic to helping save the rainforest, she’s helping save the world for our children…the real time-travelers.
17. She fights for women’s rights.
Women’s rights are human rights. The end.
16. She reminds us that our value is not determined by our body shape.
And also reminds us to mind our own business.
15. She’s a great writer.
Check out her amazing piece in The New York Times here.
14. She’s a kick-ass in a marathon finisher.
I don’t care how rich and famous you are, there is simply no easy way to run a marathon. And she did it in the name of charity.
13. She gives us a reason to go to the movie theater.
Ford vs. Ferrari opens in theaters in the USA on November 15.
12. Or she gives us a reason to Netflix and…whatever.
The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance is on Netflix.
11. She slays on the runway and the red carpet.
Work, turn to the left.
10. She always remembers her fans.
No matter if she’s cold, tired, or in a hurry, she always seems to make time for us.
9. She’s a cat person.
I love her for this alone.
8. She’s never afraid to defend her beliefs.
If you stand for nothing, you’ll fall for anything.
7. She always supports her cast mates…
6. And her cast mates always support her.
5. She reminds us that sometimes it’s okay not to give a *%#@
4. She makes being covered in bug cream (or blood or mud or sand) look great.
3. At least once a season, she makes us all reach for the tissues.
Jesus H. Roosevelt Christ, this woman is an amazing actor.
2. She reminds us that family is everything.
1. She is honored for what she deserves…
…and she is deserving of so much more.
Happiest of Birthdays to our Claire, our Sassenach, our healer and warrior: Caitriona Balfe.